Thursday, August 30, 2007

Long time, No Post

Well.. it has most definitely been awhile since I have posted here. This past month as been a busy one for me...but I am hoping that is a good thing in the long run.:o) Anyhoo..I thought I would share some pics tonight of recent work I did for a swap we had at the BRPCGuild meeting last month. The theme/idea was Polymer Clay bowls..and as usual I made more than one ( I can never decide on just ONE idea see).
This is the one that Maggie decided she wanted for the swap. This bowl was made on a small glass bowl from the dollar store. I turned it upside down on a small tile and then I covered the bottom of the bowl ( that was pointed upward like a mound on the tile) with several different sizes of one cane i had made awhile back. I added little feet to the bottom and made it all shiny with a coating of Kato Liquid clay ( cured with a heat gun). It is very bright.






This bowl was done in the same fashion as the one above except I used two different leaf canes laid on in rows on the bowl and no feet were added.I glazed this one with Kato liquid as well.





Now the last bowl I made was done slightly different. Instead of using individual slices of canes directly onto the bowl, I made a fabric per se of clay that has slices of one cane on each side. This is the Mosaic cane ( tutorial link below) and it was done in two different color schemes, one per side of the bowl. Once the fabric was completely covered with cane slices on each side I ran it thru the pasta machine to even the whole thing out nicely. Then I draped the fabric over
the glass bowl bottom and trimmed it into a circle.
Flute the edges with your finger tips. Back and glaze
with Kato liquid clay. Turned out kind of cool.
Here is the link for the Mosaic cane..hope you try
it as it is very easy but gives cool effects! Happy
claying folks !

http://www.pcpolyzine.com/may2001/mosaic.html










3 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh my gosh, those are so beautiful and bright! Amazing work. I've got to come see your stuff more often.

*~tabby~* crooked heart art said...

hi sharon
stunning!!! i never could get the hang of polymer clay ;(
-they are wonderful:)
i will add you to my blog so i can stay up dated on your work-nice job on the beaded bracelets too:)
tammy
tabbyjo60@yahoo.com
crookedheartart.blogspot.com

Aileen said...

Hey stranger! WOW What awesome bowls they're beautiful!! Good to see you creating! :-))