Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Beaded thingies

These are peyote flower beads that I started beading last night. Of the two on the dowel the one on the left is the first one I did following the directions from the Bead & Button magazine ( 2005 issue) and I was not happy with the result. It was a tad bit hard to do it that way, so the for the next one I started from the inside of the flower and worked my way outward.. MUCH easier!! This will be a cute design using reds and greens for Christmas I think.


Now.. this next bracelet I finished a couple weeks ago.. it is peyote stitch..regular even count.. but the reason it is so shapely is because you use different sized beads and ALOT of tension. This makes the beads bow out and gives it shape. I like it.. but hands protested after it was done. ...also...I recommend doing this in one sitting.. because when you put it down you loose some of the tension and it shows in the work. I got the pattern at www.bead-pattern.com .

2 comments:

Maggie R said...

Love the blue bracelet Sharon.
I have a thing about beaded bracelets , this one lookd like it was a difficult pattern, well difficult for me,,,,, not for you obviously! VBG

Unknown said...

hi... i cant find this pattern... i want to do this bracelet forme.... you can send me the pattern please!!!...im from chile...
mi e-mail is la.aparita@gmail.com

kisses