Thursday, July 26, 2007

a new look

Well... have had a rough time of this blogging business! First computer trouble for over a month..then simply no time to post. Then.. today when I go to update my blog..it is gone! ugh! So I am starting afresh. I am not one to chat about my day to day life much..but I do like to share my art and things I have learned with it.
I do want to say that I have been honored to have been elected into the Vice President position of the Blue Ridge polymer Clay guild here in Asheville :o). It is a great group of folks that love to play with clay...we have a great time and lots of laughs. I hope I can do the job justice. Thanks guys!!
My favorite creations are the ones that I can put my many obsessions all together, like beading, polymer clay work and stamps. I am now making cool faux dichro clay cabachons and then I bead around them. Looks way cool and is MUCH cheaper than the real glass..tho I love that too!
Here are some pictures of what I made last weekend out of polymer clay. There are beads, cabs to bead around and pins.Clockwise starting bottom left: face cabs to use for art dolls, faux dichro with alcohol inks and metal leaf ,alcohol inks and stamped images, cabs and an art doll. I use Kato Liquid clay to get a thick glass like finish which is easy to do and looks great !

No comments: